Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone shooting for 'Chennai Express'
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
Instead of celebrating the success of his recent hit 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan', superstar Shah Rukh Khan has already moved on and is busy shooting his next film 'Chennai Express' at breakneck speed. The film has SRK paired opposite Deepika Padukone and is directed by Rohit Shetty.
As the name suggests, the train journey forms a pivotal part of the story. In the picture, SRK is seen doing a repeat of his famous scene from 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' (DDLJ) only this time, it's Deepika and not Kajol and she seems to be walking slowly rather than running to catch the train. Moreover, while DDLJ's train sequence was shot in the EURAIL, it's the Indian Railways here that forms the backdrop of 'Chennai Express'. Also what's interesting is Deepika's look in the film which resembles that of a typical South Indian village belle.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China