Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone shooting for 'Chennai Express'
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
Instead of celebrating the success of his recent hit 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan', superstar Shah Rukh Khan has already moved on and is busy shooting his next film 'Chennai Express' at breakneck speed. The film has SRK paired opposite Deepika Padukone and is directed by Rohit Shetty.
As the name suggests, the train journey forms a pivotal part of the story. In the picture, SRK is seen doing a repeat of his famous scene from 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' (DDLJ) only this time, it's Deepika and not Kajol and she seems to be walking slowly rather than running to catch the train. Moreover, while DDLJ's train sequence was shot in the EURAIL, it's the Indian Railways here that forms the backdrop of 'Chennai Express'. Also what's interesting is Deepika's look in the film which resembles that of a typical South Indian village belle.
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies
- The Council of Islamic Ideology symbolises a contagion of pious madness
- India cannot continue to fight a 21st century battle with 19th century institutions
- Odd-even policy took on pollution. Now address congestion.
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?