Honey Singh's Lungi dance not part of SRK, Deepika's Chennai Express
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have come together for a special song that pays tribute to Tamil cinema icon Rajnikanth.
Titled 'Thalaivar Tribute' (Lungi Dance), the song is sung and composed by rapper Honey Singh and is not a part of Shah Rukh starrer Chennai Express, which will hit theatres on August 9.
Shah Rukh, 47, who is busy with his upcoming film Chennai Express, said he could not say no to the song because he is a huge fan of the "global cultural icon Rajnikanth".
"Who isn't a fan of 'The Rajnikanth'? I had met Honey Singh and Bhushan Kumar five days back and he made me hear the song, which is titled Thalaivar Tribute (Lungi Dance).
"I found it very apt for Rajni sir and wanted to be a part of it as a fan of one of the greatest actors we have. Deepika, on my request, happily agreed to be a part of the song because even she is a huge fan of Rajni sir. The song is fun, happy and completely Rajnikanth Style!," Shah Rukh said.
The song is being choreographed by National Award-winning choreographer Chinni Prakash and will release soon.