Honey Singh's Lungi dance not part of SRK, Deepika's Chennai Express
- Five crew members killed in IAF's C-130J Super Hercules plane crash
- IPL season 7 to go on; Sunil Gavaskar to be BCCI chief
- Two terrorists killed in encounter after attacking army camp in J&K
- Sohrabuddin fake encounter: Supreme Court grants bail to Rajkumar Pandian
- Elections 2014 Live: Modi in rush to takeover PM's post, says Pawar
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone have come together for a special song that pays tribute to Tamil cinema icon Rajnikanth.
Titled 'Thalaivar Tribute' (Lungi Dance), the song is sung and composed by rapper Honey Singh and is not a part of Shah Rukh starrer Chennai Express, which will hit theatres on August 9.
Shah Rukh, 47, who is busy with his upcoming film Chennai Express, said he could not say no to the song because he is a huge fan of the "global cultural icon Rajnikanth".
"Who isn't a fan of 'The Rajnikanth'? I had met Honey Singh and Bhushan Kumar five days back and he made me hear the song, which is titled Thalaivar Tribute (Lungi Dance).
"I found it very apt for Rajni sir and wanted to be a part of it as a fan of one of the greatest actors we have. Deepika, on my request, happily agreed to be a part of the song because even she is a huge fan of Rajni sir. The song is fun, happy and completely Rajnikanth Style!," Shah Rukh said.
The song is being choreographed by National Award-winning choreographer Chinni Prakash and will release soon.
- Major political outfits banking on 'senior' leaders in Punjab
- IM top man Akhtar was planning terror strike in Delhi: Police
- Birbhum gangrape: SC asks WB govt to pay Rs 5 lakh to victim
- I'm not an outsider in India: Azhar
- Elated by India's abstention at UN vote, Lanka frees fishermen
- 272 people to vote for Lok Sabha poll for the first time in 67 yrs