Shah Rukh Khan discharged from hospital, advised rest
- Citizens must be protected amid 'rising intolerance': US to Indian government
- Woman files rape case against Uttarakhand leader Harak Singh Rawat
- Kashmir: Two soldiers, two militants killed near LoC in Nowgam sector
- Closer than ever, GST Bill in Rajya Sabha next week
- NDA Minister Athawale: If you do gau raksha, who will do manav raksha?
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan was discharged from suburban Lilavati Hospital last night (May 29), a day after he underwent shoulder surgery.
The 47-year-old actor had hurt his right shoulder while performing some daring stunts for director Rohit Shetty's action drama Chennai Express.
"The actor was discharged from Lilavati Hospital a short while ago. The surgery was successful. He is doing fine and has been asked to take rest," sources close to him told PTI.
Despite his injury, the actor had refused to use body doubles for Chennai Express and performed his own stunts. He also performed at the TOIFA awards in Vancouver recently.
Shah Rukh's son Aryan, who is studying in London, had also flown down to be by his father's side. The surgery was supposed to have been done earlier this month in London but was postponed due to the actor's busy schedule.
This is his eighth surgery, the last one being in 2010 when he injured himself while shooting for his home production RA.One.
Once recovered, Shah Rukh will start promoting Chennai Express and begin work on Farah Khan's film Happy New Year.
- Anti-corruption movement produced political churning, but left institutional issues unaddressed
- India and Pakistan must recognise the role of trade in bringing them closer
- Dengue should be prevented and not merely tackled when the epidemic sets in
- She, with the pen In Mahasweta Devi’s fiction, the dispossessed told their own truths
- For Sumegha, the story came first. The lymphoma that ate away at her couldn’t take that away
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite