Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri blessed with a baby boy
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh and wife Gauri Khan have become proud parents of a third baby, a boy, via a surrogate mother.
Confirming the report, Additional Municipal Commissioner of the Mumbai civic body (BMC), Manisha Mhaiskar, told The Indian Express: "The BMC has received a birth certificate which carries the names of Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan as the parents of the surrogate child."
According to reports, the child was born on May 27th and that the surrogate mother is speculated to be Gauri's sister-in-law Namita Chibber.
The child was born at 34 weeks of pregnancy and weighed 1.5 kg at birth, BMC sources said quoting report received from
Masrani Nursing Home.
It is mandatory for nursing homes and hospitals to register every birth in the city. The civic body issues birth certificates to parents on the basis of that report.
Reports further suggest that the baby boy was first taken to Nanavati Hospital and later shifted to Breach Candy Hospital but he is now at the Khan mansion Mannat.
However, instead of being able to enjoy the birth of their baby, SRK is embroiled in a major controversy following reports that the couple had opted for a pre-birth sex determination test.
"We are now in the process of establishing whether he is the biological child of the star couple. Once that is established, we shall ask them details of the sonography etc, to find out whether they did find out the child's gender before birth," added Manisha Mhaiskar.
Earlier, following a complaint based on media reports that a pre-natal sex determination test had been conducted, the BMC had sent a team to Khan's residence last month to ascertain the facts. The team, however, was turned away.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express