Twitter launches Vine, a six-second iPhone video app
Popular microblogging website Twitter launched Vine, a service that lets users upload videos. Just as Twitter limits posts to 140 characters, Vine limits videos to six seconds.
A post on the Twitter blog says, "We're introducing Vine: a mobile service that lets you capture and share short looping videos. Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine (6 seconds or less) inspires creativity. Now that you can easily capture motion and sound, we look forward to seeing what you create."
As of now, the app is available on the iOS App Store, for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Don't be disappointed if you don't own one of the two devices as the company promised to take the service to other platforms.
Vine is being touted as Instagram for video and the app clearly has potential. Check out some sample videos posted on the Twitter blog: ( http://blog.twitter.com/2013/01/vine-new-way-to-share-video.html )
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains