Shah Rukh Khan gets security cover courtesy Pak's Hafiz Saeed, Rehman Malik rant?
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan's security, which had been withdrawn over a month ago, was restored on Sunday after reviewing the threat to him but it has nothing to do with the statement of Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik, the police said today.
"Shah Rukh Khan's security was withdrawn over a month ago. However, his controversial interview to the media and Lashkar-E-Taiba terrorist group founder Hafiz Saeed's invitation to the actor to stay in Pakistan has prompted us to review his security. His security has been restored on Sunday," a senior police officer said.
"Subsequently, there were reports that the actor was upset with the LeT founder's comments," the officer said adding that "one police constable will be deployed for the actor's security during day and another during night. So, the actor will have round-the-clock security".
The officer said Rehman Malik's statement had nothing to do with the restoration of security to the actor.
"Shah Rukh's security was restored on Sunday while the Pakistani minister made his comments on Monday," the officer said.
Malik had said yesterday that, "He (Shah Rukh) is born Indian and he would like to remain Indian but I will request the government of India (to) please provide him security. I would like to request all Indian brothers and sisters and all those who are talking in a negative way about Shah Rukh, they should know he is a movie star".
Noting that Shah Rukh is loved by the people of Pakistan and India, Malik had said "I am sure all those who are talking against him or are trying to threaten him, they will withdraw their threat with this hope that stars are loved, stars provide love and they are like a symbol of unity".
Earlier, Hafiz Saeed had said SRK should move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India, which the upset actor.