Shah Rukh Khan police protection removed
- Tera Gurdip bach gaya: Indian on death row in Indonesia tells wife in phone call
- Pune building collapses, at least nine dead
- Mehbooba: Sacrifice of children won’t go waste; securitymen had no idea they were targeting Burhan
- 'Voodoo statistics!' P Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's inflation remarks
- Senior Congress leader Capt Ajay Yadav to quit party
In the face of the recent Police upgrading their watchfulness and re-evaluating their crime battling techniques, we hear that Shah Rukh Khan has been stripped of his police cover. This comes post a review by authorities concluding that he no longer faces any threat.
The protection of eight constables from the Mumbai police's Protection and Security Branch used to guard him in two shifts after the Indian Mujahideen sent an email to news channels, threatening attacks on him and three other celebrities in 2008.
While later in 2010 there were intelligence reports of fresh threats against Khan which led the authorities to maintain the cover. While last year, Deputy Police Commissioner Pratap Dighavkar submitted a report to the then police Chief Arup Patnaik, warning of threats from the Lashkar-e-Taiba to Khan and his son Aryan.
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage