Shah Rukh Khan police protection removed
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
In the face of the recent Police upgrading their watchfulness and re-evaluating their crime battling techniques, we hear that Shah Rukh Khan has been stripped of his police cover. This comes post a review by authorities concluding that he no longer faces any threat.
The protection of eight constables from the Mumbai police's Protection and Security Branch used to guard him in two shifts after the Indian Mujahideen sent an email to news channels, threatening attacks on him and three other celebrities in 2008.
While later in 2010 there were intelligence reports of fresh threats against Khan which led the authorities to maintain the cover. While last year, Deputy Police Commissioner Pratap Dighavkar submitted a report to the then police Chief Arup Patnaik, warning of threats from the Lashkar-e-Taiba to Khan and his son Aryan.