Shah Rukh Khan security: India reacts angrily, tells Pak's Rehman Malik to save its own Muslims
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Union Home Secretary R.K Singh on Tuesday gave a stern message to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, saying that India is quite capable of providing security to its own citizens.
Malik had created yet another controversy when he requested the Indian government to provide security to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Singh further asked Malik to look after the security of Pakistani citizens and not to worry about Shah Rukh Khan.
"We are capable of looking after the security of our own citizens. Let him (Rehman Malik) worry about his own," Singh said.
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi on Tuesday asked Interior Minister Rehman Malik to first look after security and safety of Pakistani Muslims who are targeted by terrorists almost on a daily basis and not to worry about protection of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Alvi said: "Pakistan Interior Minister Malik's statement should be condemned strongly. He should not meddle in India's internal matters. The Interior Minister should first look after safety and security of the people of Pakistan. Pakistan is not able to protect its own countrymen
"People of India have made Shah Rukh Khan what he is today. In this country Constitution gives equal rights to Muslims. Pakistan has no right to ask for safety of Shah Rukh."
Reacting strongly against Malik's remark on Shah Rukh Khan, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Tuesday asked the Indian government to register a strong protest by calling the High Commissioner Salman Bashir, and advised Malik to first look after the condition of Pakistani Muslims.
Hussain added: "Rehman Malik should apologise as his statement on Shah Rukh is like meddling in India's internal affairs.
"He (Malik) should first see the condition of Muslims inside Pakistan. India is best country for Muslims and the government of India provides adequate security to every citizen of the country."
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress