Shah Rukh Khan security: India reacts angrily, tells Pak's Rehman Malik to save its own Muslims
- Navy Chief DK Joshi takes responsibility for spate of accidents, resigns
- TRS gives jitters to Congress post Telangana creation, says merger unlikely
- SC orders arrest of Sahara chief Subrata Roy, says âarms of court very longâ
- KLF terrorist Bhullar will not be executed in present health condition, Centre tells SC
- Paswan, who left NDA over Modi, signals tie-up with BJP for ânew optionâ
Union Home Secretary R.K Singh on Tuesday gave a stern message to Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik, saying that India is quite capable of providing security to its own citizens.
Malik had created yet another controversy when he requested the Indian government to provide security to Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Singh further asked Malik to look after the security of Pakistani citizens and not to worry about Shah Rukh Khan.
"We are capable of looking after the security of our own citizens. Let him (Rehman Malik) worry about his own," Singh said.
Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi on Tuesday asked Interior Minister Rehman Malik to first look after security and safety of Pakistani Muslims who are targeted by terrorists almost on a daily basis and not to worry about protection of Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan.
Alvi said: "Pakistan Interior Minister Malik's statement should be condemned strongly. He should not meddle in India's internal matters. The Interior Minister should first look after safety and security of the people of Pakistan. Pakistan is not able to protect its own countrymen
"People of India have made Shah Rukh Khan what he is today. In this country Constitution gives equal rights to Muslims. Pakistan has no right to ask for safety of Shah Rukh."
Reacting strongly against Malik's remark on Shah Rukh Khan, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain on Tuesday asked the Indian government to register a strong protest by calling the High Commissioner Salman Bashir, and advised Malik to first look after the condition of Pakistani Muslims.
Hussain added: "Rehman Malik should apologise as his statement on Shah Rukh is like meddling in India's internal affairs.
"He (Malik) should first see the condition of Muslims inside Pakistan. India is best country for Muslims and the government of India provides adequate security to every citizen of the country."
- AviationMin allows 11,000 more seats between India, Dubai
- UPA’s farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- Lawyer convicted of killing wife gets HC relief in ‘rape’ case
- Don’t think investments are held back by high rates: Rajan
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- IIT-B distances itself from professor’s view on cell tower radiation, says his opinion personal