Shah Rukh Khan undergoes shoulder surgery, doing fine
- LIVE: Election Commission announces Lok Sabha election dates
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
Superstar Shah Rukh Khan underwent a shoulder surgery at the Lilawati Hospital on Tuesday after he injured himself while shooting for his upcoming movie Chennai Express and is doing fine.
47-year-old Shah Rukh suffered the injury after performing some daring stunts for director Rohit Shetty's action drama.
"He is doing fine and will be discharged in one-two days. He has been advised not to any heavy action," a source close the actor said.
Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan, who is studying in London, had also flown down to be by his father's side. His wife Gauri Khan and daughter Suhana were also at the hospital.
The surgery was supposed to have been done earlier this month in London but was postponed due to the actor's busy schedules.
Despite his injury, the actor had refused to use body doubles for Chennai Express and performed his own stunts. He
also performed at the TOIFA awards in Vancouver recently.
Dr Sanjay Desai on @iamsrk 's surgery : "His surgery is successful; will need to rest for two months & will be discharge in 2-3 days."— Shah Rukh Khan Fans (@TeamShahRukh) May 28, 2013
This is actor's eighth surgery, last one being in 2010 when he injured himself while shooting for his home production, RA.One.
After recuperating, Shah Rukh will start promoting Chennai Express and begin work on Farah Khan's film Happy New Year.