Shah Rukh Khan wants Deepika Padukone to lead 'Happy New Year'
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Shah Rukh Khan is keeping his promise and it has to do nothing with Deepika Padukone being the Number One superstar of 2013 after delivering four super-successes worth over Rs. 600 crores. For his upcoming film 'Happy New Year', it is yet again his leading lady who is enjoying the top billing in the whole publicity material and promotional campaign.
"It is going to be Deepika's name coming before Shah Rukh's. This is in line with Shah Rukh's declaration during the days of 'Chennai Express'. At that time he had surprised many in the industry by insisting that Deepika gets a top billing over him," informs a source.
Though it had seemed like an aberration to many, considering the fact that even the film as a whole was being promoted more as a Rohit Shetty entertainer than a quintessential Shah Rukh Khan starrer, it is crystal clear that for Baadshah Khan, the decision was for the keeps.
Confirms the film's director, Farah Khan saying, "Shah Rukh wants it this way and we are happy to comply with the same for 'Happy New Year' as well."
The film has been announced for Diwali 2014 release and rest assured, Deepika is all set to sparkle this year as well and that too, from the top. Pun intended!