Shah Rukh Khan wants Deepika Padukone to lead 'Happy New Year'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Shah Rukh Khan is keeping his promise and it has to do nothing with Deepika Padukone being the Number One superstar of 2013 after delivering four super-successes worth over Rs. 600 crores. For his upcoming film 'Happy New Year', it is yet again his leading lady who is enjoying the top billing in the whole publicity material and promotional campaign.
"It is going to be Deepika's name coming before Shah Rukh's. This is in line with Shah Rukh's declaration during the days of 'Chennai Express'. At that time he had surprised many in the industry by insisting that Deepika gets a top billing over him," informs a source.
Though it had seemed like an aberration to many, considering the fact that even the film as a whole was being promoted more as a Rohit Shetty entertainer than a quintessential Shah Rukh Khan starrer, it is crystal clear that for Baadshah Khan, the decision was for the keeps.
Confirms the film's director, Farah Khan saying, "Shah Rukh wants it this way and we are happy to comply with the same for 'Happy New Year' as well."
The film has been announced for Diwali 2014 release and rest assured, Deepika is all set to sparkle this year as well and that too, from the top. Pun intended!
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express