Chennai Express earns Rs 200 crore, just Rs 2 cr away from beating 3 Idiots record
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express has earned Rs 200 crore at the box office in the second week of its release on August 9.
The movie, which had crossed the Rs 100 crore mark in just four days of its release and earned a whopping Rs 6.76 crore in paid previews, is still going strong across India and abroad.
Noted film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted the figures and wrote Chennai Express has "hit a double century."
#ChennaiExpress hits a double century in 2 weeks. Crosses Rs 200 cr nett in India. ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER.— taran adarsh (@taran_adarsh) August 23, 2013
The movie is just Rs 2 crore away from crossing Aamir Khan's 3 Idiots, which had earned Rs 202 crore.
The movie's revenue was not affected by the release of another big film Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara next week.
Shah Rukh Khan also threw a party for his entire Chennai Express crew, unit members and actors to celebrate their stupendous success.
Talking about the magnanimous success of the film Shah Rukh Khan had said earlier: "I am not saying I know the business 100 per cent but I do know something. Half my life I've kept doing movies and then I think - I want to make movies for the South Indian market but that market can change, taste can change. I want to make movies for critics but critics and their appreciation can change for a certain kind of cinema. And then I make movies because my heart says so."
Salman Khan, who ruled the Rs 100 crore club, continues to have two films in Top 5, Ek Tha Tiger and Dabangg 2.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one