Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' digital campaign to be the first of its kind
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
The digital campaign of director Farah Khan's 'Happy New Year' will take off on the morning of January 2.
According to a source close to the project, this is an exceptionally innovative campaign, something which has never been seen before, either for a Hindi film or in world cinema. The film's Twitter handle @HNY has been launched and was welcomed by the film's cast Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Sarah Jane Dias and Vivaan Shah.
As part of the promotions, people can send whacky new year messages to the handle and get personalised messages from the cast including SRK! The same day, January 2, the first poster of the film will also be released. The timing of the launch has a lot to do with the film's title, 'Happy New Year'.
In fact Shah Rukh Khan tweeted 'As cheesy as it may sound but this 31st most of the people in the world will say the name of our new film as a greeting, HNY'.
Interestingly, this is SRK's third film after 'Ra.One' and 'Chennai Express' whose first poster releases on January 2.
'Happy New Year' is slated to release this Diwali.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly