Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' digital campaign to be the first of its kind
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
The digital campaign of director Farah Khan's 'Happy New Year' will take off on the morning of January 2.
According to a source close to the project, this is an exceptionally innovative campaign, something which has never been seen before, either for a Hindi film or in world cinema. The film's Twitter handle @HNY has been launched and was welcomed by the film's cast Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Sarah Jane Dias and Vivaan Shah.
As part of the promotions, people can send whacky new year messages to the handle and get personalised messages from the cast including SRK! The same day, January 2, the first poster of the film will also be released. The timing of the launch has a lot to do with the film's title, 'Happy New Year'.
In fact Shah Rukh Khan tweeted 'As cheesy as it may sound but this 31st most of the people in the world will say the name of our new film as a greeting, HNY'.
Interestingly, this is SRK's third film after 'Ra.One' and 'Chennai Express' whose first poster releases on January 2.
'Happy New Year' is slated to release this Diwali.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress