Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' digital campaign to be the first of its kind
- LIVE Netaji files: PM Modi declassifies 100 files on Subhash Chandra Bose
- Anti-national Rohith to Mother India son Rohith: Why the shift
- NIA arrests 13 Islamic State sympathisers in 'anti-terror' crackdown
- Rohith Vemula suicide: Police ready to move in, students set for face-off
- Live, Ind vs Aus, 5th ODI: Dhawan, Rohit get India off to flying start
The digital campaign of director Farah Khan's 'Happy New Year' will take off on the morning of January 2.
According to a source close to the project, this is an exceptionally innovative campaign, something which has never been seen before, either for a Hindi film or in world cinema. The film's Twitter handle @HNY has been launched and was welcomed by the film's cast Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Boman Irani, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Sarah Jane Dias and Vivaan Shah.
As part of the promotions, people can send whacky new year messages to the handle and get personalised messages from the cast including SRK! The same day, January 2, the first poster of the film will also be released. The timing of the launch has a lot to do with the film's title, 'Happy New Year'.
In fact Shah Rukh Khan tweeted 'As cheesy as it may sound but this 31st most of the people in the world will say the name of our new film as a greeting, HNY'.
Interestingly, this is SRK's third film after 'Ra.One' and 'Chennai Express' whose first poster releases on January 2.
'Happy New Year' is slated to release this Diwali.