Shah Rukh regrets MNIK controversy, clarifies it's not for Sena
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Shah Rukh Khan on Friday apologised for the controversy over the release of his film "My Name Is Khan" but made it clear the regret is not directed to Shiv Sena which threatened to halt the screening of his picture in this Bollywood heartland.
"i thank u all for this..apologise for giving stress over the last few days...& now truly know the meaning of being humbled.lov u all so much (sic)," tweeted the 44-year-old star shortly after several multiplexes who were initially reluctant went ahead with the screening of the keenly awaited film here. Shah Rukh also said he was "humbled and overwhelmed" after the response from the public for his film.
In a bid to clarify that his regret in a tweet is not construed as directed at the Shiv Sena who have demanded that the superstar apologise for his remarks favouring inclusion of Pakistani players in IPL, Shah Rukh posted another message on the micro blogging website Twitter to say his apology is for his fans and no one less.
"whoa.. just hearing some media reports. just so that all know...wot i say here is for my fans across the world. thats all (sic)", wrote Kahn who has 1,31,435 followers on the website.
"i am humbled by this show of love & kindness. so don't know wot else to say. overwhelmed & promise will make India proud with my hard work. yipppeee !!!! ...in my work or words, i wholeheartedly regret...and i love u very very very very much. thank u thank u thank u," Khan tweeted after MNIK ran to full houses in Mumbai and elsewhere in the country.
"i realise today...i am just a film hero...u all in the theatres r the real deal. god feel so loved & humbled. hats off to all heroes," the actor added.
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul