Shah Rukh, Salman Khan set to clash on Eid 2015
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
It will be the war of the Titans. On November 9 this year, it was announced that director Kabir Khan, who has directed Kabul Express, New York, Ek Tha Tiger will be helming another film with Salman Khan. In fact the director will also be turning producer with the project which will be co-produced by Salman Khan's Being Human Films.
Five weeks later, on December 14, it was announced that Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani whose company Excel Entertainment is producing the Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees' will also release on Eid 2015.
The film that is set in Gujarat and directed by Rahul Dholakia, will have Shah Rukh Khan SRK playing a bootlegger and Farhan Akhtar, a cop.
If the producers stick to their guns and both the films release on the same day, it will be the first time that the two superstars - Salman and Shah Rukh Khan - will fight it out at the box office.
When contacted, Kabir Khan said that he was not aware of the development, and when told that the SRK starrer is also set to release on Eid he said. "Our film was announced long back and if Shah Rukh Khan's film is also releasing on Eid 2015, it makes no difference. Our project will definitely release on Eid 2015. Anybody else who wants to release their film on that day, is welcome."
Dholakia the director of Raees was also ignorant of the fact that Salman Khan's film with Kabir Khan was set to release on Eid 2015. "I am not aware of this. Anyway I have nothing to do with the release date. That is entirely the producers' call," he said.
We also sent messages to Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani if they were aware about Salman Khan's film releasing on Eid 2015, but they remained unavailable for comment.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express