Shahid Kapoor persuades Prabhu Deva to join in for dance
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Shahid Kapoor is determined to make Rambo Rajkumar his perfect comeback vehicle. Shahid is leaving no stone unturned to ensure the film has the box office impact that Prabhu Deva achieved with Salman Khan in Wanted and Akshay Kumar in Rowdy Rathore.
Repotedly, Shahid pulled in his director Prabhu Deva to do a jig and to contribute to the choreography of a song-and-dance featuring Shahid and Sonakshi Sinha.
A source from the location said, "Initially Prabhu Sir didn't even want to choreograph the number. He wanted to focus on direction. So he got his colleague Vishnudeva who has assisted Prabhu Deva and choreographed numbers in his film in the past, to step in to supervise Shahid's and Sonakshi's steps. But then Shahid who can be awfully persuasive pulled Prabhu in at the last minute. Ultimately, the song and dance featured Prabhu Dheva as choreographer and dancer."
Prabhu Deva who turns 40 today revealed shyly, "The song was done by Vishnu who shares my surname and has worked closely with me. But finally I am also there."
Shooting with Shahid who plays a gritty gangster is a pleasurable experience for Prabhu. "I worked with Sonakshi earlier. But this is my first time with Shahid. He is equally fluent as an actor and a dancer. And this time he is doing raw action also. The amount of hard work being put in by Shahid just makes you feel inspired."
Though the location is turning warm, Prabhu says the weather is still pleasant enough. "We will continue as it gets warmer. But the good thing is, no one is complaining. We are all having a ball down here."
We hear the action sequences that would pitch Shahid against Sonu Sood have now been postponed to a date when the latter's leg injury would be healed. Sood joins the crew of Rambo Rajkumar on 10 April with less strenuous scenes requiring minimal physical activity.
- True patriotism requires you to be able to say I am ashamed of my country in certain respects
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?