Shahid Kapoor to announce new projects in January 2014
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Shahid Kapoor, who is basking in the success of his latest release 'R...Rajkumar' says that he has zeroed on more projects which will be announced soon. "I shall make the announcements in January after I am back from my holiday abroad," he said.
Talking about 'R..Rajkumar', Kapoor is thrilled that not only has the film done good business, but the audience has accepted him in his new avatar. He however admits that though he was excited and enthusiastic at the prospect of doing something new, he was nervous when attempting a Prabhu Dheva entertainer, replete with the director's trademark style of action and comedy. But he is happy that he did, for Kapoor, who visited a couple of single screen theatres in Mumbai, was stunned to see the audience response to 'R...Rajkumar'.
It was Prabhu sir's vi- sion of seeing me doing this kind of action that propelled me to do the film. R...Rajkumar was the litmus test for me and though the critics had 'bashed' the film, the audience loved it. They enjoyed this new style of dance and action and it has encouraged me to experiment more," he said.
"The reaction of the audience at single screen theatres was awesome. People were laughing, whistling and dancing on their seats. I never thought that this new space would work out so well. There's always a value attached when you surprise an audience, but then there's a risk too, as the audience who is not used to seeing you in a certain way may not accept you. It was Prabhu sir's vision of seeing me doing this kind of action that propelled me to do the film. 'R...Rajkumar' was the litmus test for me and though the critics had 'bashed' the film, the audience loved it. They enjoyed this new style of dance and action and it has encouraged me to experiment more," he said.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun