Shahid Kapoor's name Rambo to change in 'R... Rajkumar'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Not only has the title Rambo Rajkumar been changed to R... Rajkumar in Prabhu Dheva's upcoming film, Shahid Kapoor's character, called Rambo Rajkumar in the film, will now also be changed. The name change in the title and character has come in lieu of the makers of the original Rambo series, starring Sylvester Stallone, objecting to the name Rambo being used in the film's title. At the trailer launch of the film, producer Viki Rajani and director Prabhu Dheva announced that Kapoor's character in the film would indeed have a new name. "We are not going to reveal the new name right now. The suspense will be revealed on December 6, when the film will hit the screens," said Rajani.
In keeping with his character in the film, a small time gangster based in a rural village, Kapoor made an entry at the launch with gun wielding goons. Leading lady Sonakshi Sinha, who plays a feisty college girl, entered the venue in a jeep with girls and boys dressed in ethnic wear. Kapoor, Sinha together with Sonu Sood also performed a skit on stage to give an insight into their characters in the film. When asked whether the Prabhu Dheva directed film would resurrect his career like in the case of Salman Khan in Wanted and Akshay Kumar in Rowdy Rathore, Kapoor said, "First of all, I don't think the stars that you have named need any
resurrection. Both of them are huge superstars and have been around for close to twenty years. Yes, their films with Prabhu sir have done extremely well and he is a phenomenal film-maker. For me, the priority is to know whether my work has met the expectations that he had from me. Whether the film does well or not is not in my control. But, I am very happy with whatever I have seen and it has been a privilege to work with him. I think he is the Mawaali and Masala king." R...Rajkumar is produced by Eros International and Next Gen Films.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express