Shahid Kapoor's R... Rajkumar' sails safe!
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Shahid Kapoor can heave a sigh of relief. After a string of failures, his new outing, 'R... Rajkumar', has been embraced warmly by audiences in the domestic market. The year 2013 hasn't been kind to masala movies, but the heartening response to the new Prabhu Dheva - Shahid Kapoor masalathon, especially at single screens of mass-dominated circuits, has proved that aggressive promotions, lilting soundtrack and expertly executed action, coupled with the heroism aspect, will always work with a section of moviegoers.
'R… Rajkumar' helmed by the king of masala entertainers, Prabhu Dheva, was most crucial for Shahid Kapoor specifically. Shahid Kapoor has been going through a rough patch since 2010. A string of back to back flops, 'Milenge Milenge', 'Mausam', 'teri meri Kahaani' and 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero', had harmed his career to a major extent. Besides, his films have rarely opened big in mass-dominated circuits.
Sonakshi Sinha too, all of a sudden, was no longer the hit machine. Her film releases in 2013, 'Lootera', 'Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara', and last week's 'Bullett Raja', had sunk at the BO. 'R... Rajkumar' had to deliver, also because it has Prabhu Dheva in the director's seat, a name who has only tasted success since his Hindi debut with 'Wanted'. He's a brand today!
'R… Rajkumar' opened well thanks to the popular soundtrack – 'Gandi Baat' and 'Saree Ke Fall Sa' – and the aggressive promotions that managed to catch the audience's attention. The film has fared well in its opening weekend, with a big chunk of the revenue coming in from the mass-dominated circuits. A few circuits have been plain average, but it would be interesting to see how it fares on weekdays.
With a positive start in the domestic market, 'R... Rajkumar' is already in the safe zone, as of now.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express