Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
Columbian superstar Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker and her partner Gerard Pique welcomed their son Milan on Tuesday in a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, reported USA Today online.
Announcing the good news on her website, she wrote, "We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Pique Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Pique, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 pm, in Barcelona, Spain."
Shakira went on to explain her newborn's name, adding, "It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Soccer star Pique plays for the Spanish team.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital where the singer gave birth says mother and child are "in excellent health."
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?