Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Columbian superstar Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker and her partner Gerard Pique welcomed their son Milan on Tuesday in a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, reported USA Today online.
Announcing the good news on her website, she wrote, "We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Pique Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Pique, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 pm, in Barcelona, Spain."
Shakira went on to explain her newborn's name, adding, "It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Soccer star Pique plays for the Spanish team.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital where the singer gave birth says mother and child are "in excellent health."