Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Columbian superstar Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker and her partner Gerard Pique welcomed their son Milan on Tuesday in a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, reported USA Today online.
Announcing the good news on her website, she wrote, "We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Pique Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Pique, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 pm, in Barcelona, Spain."
Shakira went on to explain her newborn's name, adding, "It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Soccer star Pique plays for the Spanish team.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital where the singer gave birth says mother and child are "in excellent health."
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi