Shakira, Gerard Pique welcome baby boy
- BJP cancels Sabir Ali's membership after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
- Narendra Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi, says his 'entire family has never been able to fight BJP ideology'
- Imran Masood arrested after 'chop Modi' remark, Rahul Gandhi cancels Saharanpur rally
- Narendra Modi and Kejriwal locked in a war over books in Varanasi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi attacks BJP campaign, heads to Saharanpur for rally
Columbian superstar Shakira has given birth to a baby boy.
The 35-year-old 'Hips Don't Lie' hitmaker and her partner Gerard Pique welcomed their son Milan on Tuesday in a hospital in Barcelona, Spain, reported USA Today online.
Announcing the good news on her website, she wrote, "We are happy to announce the birth of Milan Pique Mebarak, son of Shakira Mebarak and Gerard Pique, born Jan. 22nd at 9:36 pm, in Barcelona, Spain."
Shakira went on to explain her newborn's name, adding, "It means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification. Just like his father, baby Milan became a member of FC Barcelona at birth."
Soccer star Pique plays for the Spanish team.
Meanwhile, a spokesman for the hospital where the singer gave birth says mother and child are "in excellent health."
- AAP volunteers hunting for a house for Kejriwal in Varanasi
- Arunachal's smallest polling station has only two voters
- Congress hints at taking outside support to keep BJP away
- Antony rejects Modi's criticism, calls his comment unpatriotic
- Election Commission sets in motion poll process in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry
- Opposition targets ruling AIADMK on power issue