Shakira sued by ex-boyfriend for $250 million
Pop star Shakira is facing a USD 200 million lawsuit from her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua over allegations that their business partnership went bad after their relationship came to an end.
Terms between the estranged couple, who dated each other for eleven years, have turned sour as de la Rua has filed a lawsuit here accusing his ex-girlfriend of breaking a promise to continue paying him a share of her business profits, reported the Huffington Post.
The son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua argues that he left his career as a publicist while he was dating the star, eventually becoming her business manager and is thus entitled to monetary compensation for this work.
De la Rua is seeking 18 per cent of the profits from her deal with Live Nation, the world's largest entertainment company, a contract reported to be worth approximately USD 100 million. The couple separated in August 2010 but did not go public with the split until last January, when the 35-year-old Colombian artist posted a letter on her blog citing the decision as "mutual".
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18