Shakira sued for $100 mn by ex over business profits
- Draft National Encryption Policy gives Govt key to Whatsapp messages, mail
- Why Rahul Gandhi is suddenly obsessed with Narendra Modi
- Bilaspur tunnel collapse: Two of the three trapped workers rescued after nine days
- Bombay HC refuses to relax ban on beef during Bakri Eid
- NRHM scam: CBI to quiz Mayawati to unravel 'larger conspiracy'
Shakira has been slapped with a 100 million-dollar lawsuit by her former boyfriend/manager Antonio de la Rua for allegedly not paying him his share of her business profits after they broke up in 2011.
In Manhattan Supreme Court suit, Antonio de la Rua said that he transformed the struggling Shakira Mebarak Ripoll into a financial success.
The couple started dating in 2000 and the 35-year-old singer asked de la Rua to take over "the business behind the Shakira brand" after her 2004 tour had lost money, the New York Post reported.
The suit claims, that under his management, the 'Whenever Wherever' hitmaker earned "tens of millions of dollars" touring, and signed a 300-million-dollar-deal with Live Nation, the paper said.
The couple broke up in 2010, but their partnership in business continued until October 2011, when she had her lawyer fire him, the suit said.