Shakira sued for $100 mn by ex over business profits
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
Shakira has been slapped with a 100 million-dollar lawsuit by her former boyfriend/manager Antonio de la Rua for allegedly not paying him his share of her business profits after they broke up in 2011.
In Manhattan Supreme Court suit, Antonio de la Rua said that he transformed the struggling Shakira Mebarak Ripoll into a financial success.
The couple started dating in 2000 and the 35-year-old singer asked de la Rua to take over "the business behind the Shakira brand" after her 2004 tour had lost money, the New York Post reported.
The suit claims, that under his management, the 'Whenever Wherever' hitmaker earned "tens of millions of dollars" touring, and signed a 300-million-dollar-deal with Live Nation, the paper said.
The couple broke up in 2010, but their partnership in business continued until October 2011, when she had her lawyer fire him, the suit said.
Shakira has since refused to pay him any of the profits or property he's owed, the suit claimed.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit