Shakira's baby birth news a prank?
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Shakira's boyfriend Gerard Pique reportedly seems to have pulled a prank by announcing the news of the Colombian singer giving birth to her first child today.
Pique announced the birth of their son on his Twitter page early Friday morning, which is the day of Dia de los Innocentes, Spain's equivalent to April Fool's Day, reported New York Daily News.
"Our son has been born! We are very happy! Thanks to all for your messages," the Barcelona FC player, 25, wrote in Spanish.
The timing of the announcement has prompted speculation that Pique has pulled a fast one, since Shakira, 35, has not confirmed the news.
Pique later seemed to be letting fans know it was a joke by tweeting, "He already has a name! He is called Innocent! Happy Day of the Innocents to all!"
Shakira revealed her pregnancy last September when announcing the cancellation of a Las Vegas gig.
The singer began dating sportsman Pique in 2011 after splitting from her longtime boyfriend Antonio de la Rua.