Sham Fashion Mall owner murder: Gang of six interrogated

Sleuths of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) interrogated the gang of six alleged robbers from West Bengal and Bihar who were arrested by the UT police on November 28, Wednesday. The CBI officials suspect that the gang was involved in the murder of Amarjeet Singh Khurana, owner of the Sham Fashion Mall in May 2009.

The UT police however denied that any such thing had come out during investigation. Deputy Superintendent of Police, Vijay Kumar said, "Nothing of this sort has been established yet".

Gagandeep Khurrana, son of the deceased, said, "I inquired with the police as well as the CBI officials this morning, the CBI officials told me that they have a clue but no conclusive evidence against the six accused. They said that they are still investigating".

As per sources, on November 29, Thursday, the CBI officials questioned the gang of six trying to establish if the gang was involved in the murder of Amarjeet Singh who was shot dead at point blank range outside his residence in Sector 35 in May 2009.

Harinder Singh, younger brother of Amarjeet Singh said while talking to Newsline, "Our mother was in tears when we contacted her. It has been a very tough four years. We are trying to move on as normally as we can, but it is just not possible". To this, Gagandeep added, "We are very vigilant besides the private security personnel that we have hired to go out at night since this tragedy. The entire family is scared of people on motorcycles".

He also said the CBI and the police are going very slow on the case. "There was a time when I had come to know that the case was closed by the police. We have done everything to get hold of the people who did this to us, nothing has helped, not even the police or CBI".

Amarjeet Singh was shot at outside his home on May 7, 2009 at 10 pm. According to the police, four bullets were fired at Amarjeet who was in a car. One bullet hit the windshield of the car, while the others hit Amarjit in the cheekbone, chest and right arm. Amarjeet usually had a gunman accompanying him, but he was incidentally on leave that day. The police investigated the case for an year, and it was later transferred to the CBI in October 2010.

Please read our terms of use before posting comments
TERMS OF USE: The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writer's alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of The Indian Express Group or its staff. Comments are automatically posted live; however, reserves the right to take it down at any time. We also reserve the right not to publish comments that are abusive, obscene, inflammatory, derogatory or defamatory.