Parents held for forcing daughter to have sex with creditor
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Three people including a couple have been booked by the police for allegedly forcing a teenage girl to have sex with a male as repayment of a loan they had availed sometime ago.
The incident came to light following a complaint by the school administration to a local NGO which took the girl's case to the police. The father of the 16-year-old victim, studying in the eighth standard had taken a loan of Rs 50,000 sometime ago, the police said.
After the couple could not repay the loan, they asked the creditor to have sexual relations with their teenage daughter in lieu of the repayment of the loan. The accused, Nisar Khan (40), readily accepted the same and enjoyed a sexual relationship with the girl for two years.The depressed girl who suffered sexual assault when even her mother was a party to it, was totally indifferent in school and after a probe by school teachers, the incident came to light.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi