Shane Warne, Marlon Samuels in ugly T20 bust-up
- Violence in Jammu and Kashmir after Masarat Alam's arrest
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- After Manmohan's listless rule, Modi eager to leave a mark: TIME magazine
- Congress says it will tail PM Modi on foreign trips and counter him there
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
Australian star Shane Warne and West Indian international Marlon Samuels were involved in an ugly, foul-mouthed clash today when a Twenty20 match boiled over in front of a record crowd.
Spin legend Warne, captaining the Melbourne Stars against city rivals Renegades in the domestic Big Bash tournament, was furious that Samuels had pulled back David Hussey when the batsman was turning for a second run.
And when it was Samuels's turn to bat later in the game, Warne confronted the West Indian with the words "Fuck you, Marlon."
In the next over, Warne, in the field, threw the ball at the Jamaican's chest while Samuels reacted by tossing his bat down the pitch towards the Australian.
The two players squared up and had to be separated by the umpires.
Warne, who was wearing a microphone for on-field comments to aid TV coverage, told commentators: "What are you meant to do when someone throws a bat at you?"
Samuels was later forced to retire hurt when he top-edged a Lasith Malinga delivery into his eye. With blood gushing from his face, he needed hospital treatment.
The only consolation for Samuels was that his Renegades team won by nine wickets in front of a record Australian domestic Twenty20 crowd at the Melbourne Cricket Ground of 46,581.