Shane Warne, Marlon Samuels in ugly T20 bust-up
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
Australian star Shane Warne and West Indian international Marlon Samuels were involved in an ugly, foul-mouthed clash today when a Twenty20 match boiled over in front of a record crowd.
Spin legend Warne, captaining the Melbourne Stars against city rivals Renegades in the domestic Big Bash tournament, was furious that Samuels had pulled back David Hussey when the batsman was turning for a second run.
And when it was Samuels's turn to bat later in the game, Warne confronted the West Indian with the words "Fuck you, Marlon."
In the next over, Warne, in the field, threw the ball at the Jamaican's chest while Samuels reacted by tossing his bat down the pitch towards the Australian.
The two players squared up and had to be separated by the umpires.
Warne, who was wearing a microphone for on-field comments to aid TV coverage, told commentators: "What are you meant to do when someone throws a bat at you?"
Samuels was later forced to retire hurt when he top-edged a Lasith Malinga delivery into his eye. With blood gushing from his face, he needed hospital treatment.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis