Shanghai Masters: John Isner advances to 3rd round
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Eighth-seeded John Isner reached the third round of the Shanghai Masters by beating Kevin Anderson of South Africa 7-6 (3), 6-7 (8), 7-6 (7) on Tuesday.
Neither player was able to break serve in the match, the first at the tournament to go to three tiebreakers. Isner saved three break points and Anderson saved four.
Isner finished the match with 24 aces while Anderson had 21.
In the first round, 13th-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland beat Albert Ramos of Spain 7-6 (1), 7-6 (5), 14th-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan defeated Di Wu of China 6-2, 6-4, and 15th-seeded Gilles Simon of France beat Jurgen Melzer of Austria 6-4, 6-2.