Shaniwarwada festival from Thursday
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
The 9th Shaniwarwada Kala Mahotsav 2008 will be held at the Shaniwarwada grounds from December 25 to 28. Maharashtra bhushan legendary Marathi poet and lyricist Mangesh Padgaonkar will inaugurate the festival at 6 pm on December 25.
Marathi short story writer D M Mirasdar, classical dancer Sucheta Chapekar-Bhide, Saregamapa little champ Shamika Bhide and shehnai maestro Daithankar will be felicitated on the occasion.
The opening day will see singer Rahul Deshpande perform at 6.30 pm. Veteran Marathi actor Vikram Gokhale will present the Marathi play Pitrudevobhav at 6.30 pm on December 26. At 7.30 pm Pramod Ranade, Anagha Pendase and Shamika Bhide will present a special programme Majhe Jeevan Gaane in which they will recite lyrics written by Padgaonkar.
Theatre group Natya Sampada will present their play Avgha Rang Ekchi Jhala on December 27 between 7.30 pm to 10 pm.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity