Shanta hails ‘historic’ verdict against Chautalas
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Former chief minister and BJP's national vice-president Shanta Kumar Friday termed the verdict against Haryana's former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala and his son Ajay Chautala as 'historic and exemplary' claiming that misuse of power, corruption at high places and favoritism needs to be checked effectively in the country.
In a statement Shanta Kumar said: "I am pained that Chautala had been a close BJP ally. I compliment the couirt and also witnesses who stood for the truth and exposed irregularities and corruption in the recruitment of JBT teachers".
The leader addde that the youth were getting frustrated and the country is almost heading towards a civil war. "If such an appointments are probed in other places, almost 70 percent of the country's politicians and government servants will find themselves in jails. It is time for honest people to come forward and expose corruption. Judiciary has set an example through this judgment," he added.
Kumar also commended the role of Haryana's woman officer Rajni Sikari, who played a significant role in exposing the scam.