Sharad Yadav calls reporter 'beautiful'
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav today stumped a woman reporter with his "beautiful" remark.
The reporter sought to know from Yadav which was the better state -- Madhya Pradesh or Bihar -- ruled by BJP and Janata Dal (U)-BJP coalition respectively.
The former Union Minister has political links with both states and has represented them in Parliament at different times.
Without getting into an argument, Yadav simply said the whole country was beautiful.
He then added in a lighter vein "even you are very beautiful".
The engineer-turned-politician's remark evoked loud laughter from those present, including the reporter.
Yadav was elected to Lok Sabha from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh in late 1970s, while currently he represents the Madhepura constituency of Bihar in the Lower House of Parliament.