Sharad Yadav calls reporter 'beautiful'
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav today stumped a woman reporter with his "beautiful" remark.
The reporter sought to know from Yadav which was the better state -- Madhya Pradesh or Bihar -- ruled by BJP and Janata Dal (U)-BJP coalition respectively.
The former Union Minister has political links with both states and has represented them in Parliament at different times.
Without getting into an argument, Yadav simply said the whole country was beautiful.
He then added in a lighter vein "even you are very beautiful".
The engineer-turned-politician's remark evoked loud laughter from those present, including the reporter.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly