Sharad Yadav calls reporter 'beautiful'
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav today stumped a woman reporter with his "beautiful" remark.
The reporter sought to know from Yadav which was the better state -- Madhya Pradesh or Bihar -- ruled by BJP and Janata Dal (U)-BJP coalition respectively.
The former Union Minister has political links with both states and has represented them in Parliament at different times.
Without getting into an argument, Yadav simply said the whole country was beautiful.
He then added in a lighter vein "even you are very beautiful".
The engineer-turned-politician's remark evoked loud laughter from those present, including the reporter.
Yadav was elected to Lok Sabha from Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh in late 1970s, while currently he represents the Madhepura constituency of Bihar in the Lower House of Parliament.