Sharad Yadav calls reporter 'beautiful'
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Janata Dal (United) president Sharad Yadav today stumped a woman reporter with his "beautiful" remark.
The reporter sought to know from Yadav which was the better state -- Madhya Pradesh or Bihar -- ruled by BJP and Janata Dal (U)-BJP coalition respectively.
The former Union Minister has political links with both states and has represented them in Parliament at different times.
Without getting into an argument, Yadav simply said the whole country was beautiful.
He then added in a lighter vein "even you are very beautiful".
The engineer-turned-politician's remark evoked loud laughter from those present, including the reporter.