Sharda Sahakari Bank post win
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Sharda Sahakari Bank scored their third straight win thanks to Vasim Sayyed and Yuvraj Dhawade's contributions in the league match against Cosmos Bank, in the Inter-Bank Sports Summit T20 cricket tournament. Vishweshwar Bank and Pune Peoples' Bank also won their matches beating Punjab National Bank and Post Office Saving Bank, respectively. Sharda Sahakari's openers Sayyed and Harshal Gadre put on 81 runs for the first wicket in only 41 balls. Cosmos Bank made a hasty chase and were dismissed for 84 in 18.2 overs. In the last match, PNB failed to put up a challenging total as Vishwaeshwar Bank bowlers had a field day. In reply to a modest total, Gaurav ganpule (46) and Rupesh Kambale (35) gave Vishweshwar Bank a rousing start as they reached the target with 4.1 overs to spare.
Infosys win Inter-IT T20 tourney
Vinay Kadam's incisive bowling set the stage for Infosys early on before Sandeep Abhyankar made the chase easy to beat Tech Mahindra by eight wickets and win the title in the Inter-IT T20 Cup cricket tournament. Put in to bat first, Tech Mahindra never got into the groove before Kadam struck to begin the slide. Madhu Kamat was the lone Tech Mahindra batsman to make it to double digits, scoring 32. Tech Mahindra were reduced to 37 for 5 in 7.4 overs as Kadam, who eventually took three wickets for five runs had Santosh Desai (2 for 9) and Prashant Panwar (2 for 11) assisting him from the other end. Tech Mahindra could only manage to score 45 runs. Abhyankar scored an unbeaten 30 off 19 balls with four boundaries and two overboundaries, while Sutirtha Bagchi remaining undefeated on 11 as Infosys overhauled the target with 12.4 overs to spare.
Manipur, Haryana win
Manipur and Haryana eves emerged champions in the 58th National School Under-17 and 19 Football Girls Championship 2012-13 at Balewadi Sports Complex. Manipur dominated the proceedings and dethroned Nagaland 5-0 for the Under-17 title. The win was powered by a brace by Ranjibala and Sunita, while their prolific scorer Ratanbala netted one. Haryana and Jharkhand fought out a tough battle for the Under-19 title, before the former prevailed 3-1 via the tie-breaker after a 0-0 regulation time draw. In the tie-breaker, Jharkhand suffered a heartbreak when Shakuntala and Singhi Kachhap crashed their efforts onto the post. Haryana had three success from the spot with Priyanka, Nirmala and Poonam finding the net.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis