Sharmila invites the President for Saif's wedding
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Veteran actress Sharmila Tagore today extended an invitation to President Pranab Mukherjee for the forthcoming wedding of her son, actor Saif Ali Khan with actress Kareena Kapoor.
The President spent about 15 minutes with the former CBFC chairperson at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, during which he congratulated her on the wedding, official sources said.
The sources said the President was unlikely to attend the ceremony.
The Saif-Kareena wedding is reportedly scheduled for October 16 and a grand reception will be held two days later.