Sharmila invites the President for Saif's wedding
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
Veteran actress Sharmila Tagore today extended an invitation to President Pranab Mukherjee for the forthcoming wedding of her son, actor Saif Ali Khan with actress Kareena Kapoor.
The President spent about 15 minutes with the former CBFC chairperson at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, during which he congratulated her on the wedding, official sources said.
The sources said the President was unlikely to attend the ceremony.
The Saif-Kareena wedding is reportedly scheduled for October 16 and a grand reception will be held two days later.