Sharmila invites the President for Saif's wedding
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Veteran actress Sharmila Tagore today extended an invitation to President Pranab Mukherjee for the forthcoming wedding of her son, actor Saif Ali Khan with actress Kareena Kapoor.
The President spent about 15 minutes with the former CBFC chairperson at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, during which he congratulated her on the wedding, official sources said.
The sources said the President was unlikely to attend the ceremony.
The Saif-Kareena wedding is reportedly scheduled for October 16 and a grand reception will be held two days later.