Sharmila invites the President for Saif's wedding
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
Veteran actress Sharmila Tagore today extended an invitation to President Pranab Mukherjee for the forthcoming wedding of her son, actor Saif Ali Khan with actress Kareena Kapoor.
The President spent about 15 minutes with the former CBFC chairperson at the Rashtrapati Bhavan, during which he congratulated her on the wedding, official sources said.
The sources said the President was unlikely to attend the ceremony.
The Saif-Kareena wedding is reportedly scheduled for October 16 and a grand reception will be held two days later.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi