Sharmila Tagore given Lifetime Achievement award at Jaipur International Film Festival
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Veteran film actress Sharmila Tagore was given Lifetime Achievement award at the Jaipur International Film Festival.
Tagore was speaking at the opening ceremony of the Festival, inaugurated by actress Hema Malini.
She thanked the jury members of the fifth edition of JIFF which started here today.
Tagore appreciated Rajasthan for its bonding with film industry.
"Forts, palaces and sand dunes of Rajasthan are always been a grandeurs of the Indian cinema," Tagore said.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first