Sharmila Tagore hospitalised, misses inaugural Pataudi lecture
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
The inaugural Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi Memorial lecture was unfortunately missed by the late cricketer's immediate family members with wife Sharmila Tagore being hospitalised because of bout of food poisoning.
"I am really very sad that I couldn't make it to Chennai for the inaugural lecture. I am suffering from severe bout of food poisoning and it became impossible for me to attend the event. I fell so ill that I have been admitted to a local nursing home," the veteran actor told PTI from Aashlok nursing home where she has been admitted.
Sharmila Tagore didn't know that Sunil Gavaskar's inaugural lecture was being streamed live.
"Is it so? I didn't have a clue. I knew that it would be aired tomorrow."
"Saif is shooting for Bullet Raja while Soha is promoting her flm Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster. Saba was also busy on the day with her event. So, I was the only one who was free to attend the event today but I unfortunately fell ill," she sounded really disappointed.
It must be recalled in this regard that Sharmila Tagore had written specifically to BCCI president N Srinivasan after the parent body delayed in their announcement of instituting the lecture.
She also wrote on the India versus England home series being named after the former India captain but the BCCI explained that the home series trophy has always been known as Anthony De'Mello Trophy while MCC has started the Pataudi Trophy.