Sharmila Tagore, Kangana Ranaut sizzle on ramp at IIJW
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
From yesteryear diva Sharmila Tagore to gorgeous Kangana Ranaut and action star Vidyut Jammwal, Bollywood stars ruled the ramp on the fourth day of the ongoing India International Jewellery Week (IIJW).
The theme of the Birdhichand Ghanshyamdas Jewellers show was reflection of the charm of Rajasthan in Indian cinema.
The colours of Rajasthan, the pulsating beat of the vibrant state's music and the energy of the people came alive during the presentation.
The show began with 68-year-old Sharmila walking down the ramp in a baby pink sari teamed with a Mughal jacket and ruby/diamond neckpiece.
Moving into the '80s and '90s era of cinema when the rich Rajasthani tribal influence was seen in Bollywood films, it was Ila Arun who brought the house down as she rocked with folk songs from the state wearing tribal chunky jewellery in gold and diamond.
Ending the show were Bollywood's latest action hero, Vidyut Jammwal, who looked dapper in a suit with an ornate glittering brooch alongwith actress Kangana.
The 26-year-old actress glided on the ramp in a thigh-high slit white and blue lehenga teamed with a choli. She completed her royal look with a winged diamond necklace, maatha patti, rings and earrings.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU