Sharmila wins her first title on Women's PGT
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Sharmila Nicollet won the third leg of the Women's Pro Golf tour 2013 as she shot a one over 71 to beat Neha Tripathi by two strokes at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club, here today.
Sharmila who started off with a birdie on the first hole followed by a bogey played a par round till the 12th hole. Her
consecutive bogeys on 13th and 14th hole followed by a birdie on 16th helped her finish the final round at one over 71.
Neha Tripathi who was the only player today to shoot a par round, finished as the runners up to the tournament falling short by two shots from the winner. Her birdies on the first and 13th and two bogeys on the ninth and 14th helped her finish round three at par 70 and a total score of 213.
Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra had another disappointing day as she carded three over 73 and a total of 216 to finish third. Smriti had double bogeys on the first and sixth and a bogey on the 18th with two birdies on second and seventh holes.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies