Sharmila wins her first title on Women's PGT
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Sharmila Nicollet won the third leg of the Women's Pro Golf tour 2013 as she shot a one over 71 to beat Neha Tripathi by two strokes at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club, here today.
Sharmila who started off with a birdie on the first hole followed by a bogey played a par round till the 12th hole. Her
consecutive bogeys on 13th and 14th hole followed by a birdie on 16th helped her finish the final round at one over 71.
Neha Tripathi who was the only player today to shoot a par round, finished as the runners up to the tournament falling short by two shots from the winner. Her birdies on the first and 13th and two bogeys on the ninth and 14th helped her finish round three at par 70 and a total score of 213.
Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra had another disappointing day as she carded three over 73 and a total of 216 to finish third. Smriti had double bogeys on the first and sixth and a bogey on the 18th with two birdies on second and seventh holes.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon