Sharmila wins her first title on Women's PGT
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Sharmila Nicollet won the third leg of the Women's Pro Golf tour 2013 as she shot a one over 71 to beat Neha Tripathi by two strokes at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club, here today.
Sharmila who started off with a birdie on the first hole followed by a bogey played a par round till the 12th hole. Her
consecutive bogeys on 13th and 14th hole followed by a birdie on 16th helped her finish the final round at one over 71.
Neha Tripathi who was the only player today to shoot a par round, finished as the runners up to the tournament falling short by two shots from the winner. Her birdies on the first and 13th and two bogeys on the ninth and 14th helped her finish round three at par 70 and a total score of 213.
Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra had another disappointing day as she carded three over 73 and a total of 216 to finish third. Smriti had double bogeys on the first and sixth and a bogey on the 18th with two birdies on second and seventh holes.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly