Sharon Osbourne's home catches fire in candle blaze
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
Firefighters were called at TV host Sharon Osbourne's home after a candle she left lit caused a blaze while she slept.
Her husband and heavy metal singer Ozzy Osbourne was injured in the mishap forgot to extinguish a candle in her house, reported TMZ online.
Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery recently, tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread.
"Everybody is fine. At five o' clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up. Something's weird smelling in here," Sharon said.
"Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding..." she added.
The couple got a telling off from the emergency workers and now Sharon has warned other candle lovers to be extra careful.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde