Sharpen up the Style
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Anti-fashion has found a new pin up model — filmmaker Kiran Rao's enthusiasm for her pink-framed glasses and the perennially frizzy hair has infuriated the fashion police (read bloggers). Despite wearing edgy young designers such as Pankaj and Nidhi, Gaurav Gupta, Namrata Joshipura and the Hyderabad-based Anand Kabra, the non-conformist fashionista is getting a drubbing for her patent "owl framed atrocities and manic grin". The popular highheelconfidential.com bloggers panned the Pankaj and Nidhi black outfit, paired with boots (see photograph) that the film-maker wore at the first screening of her debut film Dhobi Ghat at the 54th BFI London Film Festival in October. Then the sangeet outfit at actor Imran Khan's wedding-- a pink lehenga with a midnight blue velvet blouse from designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee's stable — got a lot of flak from another popular blogger, pinkvilla.com. Maybe next time Rao can play safe by dressing down, or taking more pains with her make-up.