Sharpen up the Style
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Anti-fashion has found a new pin up model — filmmaker Kiran Rao's enthusiasm for her pink-framed glasses and the perennially frizzy hair has infuriated the fashion police (read bloggers). Despite wearing edgy young designers such as Pankaj and Nidhi, Gaurav Gupta, Namrata Joshipura and the Hyderabad-based Anand Kabra, the non-conformist fashionista is getting a drubbing for her patent "owl framed atrocities and manic grin". The popular highheelconfidential.com bloggers panned the Pankaj and Nidhi black outfit, paired with boots (see photograph) that the film-maker wore at the first screening of her debut film Dhobi Ghat at the 54th BFI London Film Festival in October. Then the sangeet outfit at actor Imran Khan's wedding-- a pink lehenga with a midnight blue velvet blouse from designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee's stable — got a lot of flak from another popular blogger, pinkvilla.com. Maybe next time Rao can play safe by dressing down, or taking more pains with her make-up.