Sharpen up the Style
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Anti-fashion has found a new pin up model — filmmaker Kiran Rao's enthusiasm for her pink-framed glasses and the perennially frizzy hair has infuriated the fashion police (read bloggers). Despite wearing edgy young designers such as Pankaj and Nidhi, Gaurav Gupta, Namrata Joshipura and the Hyderabad-based Anand Kabra, the non-conformist fashionista is getting a drubbing for her patent "owl framed atrocities and manic grin". The popular highheelconfidential.com bloggers panned the Pankaj and Nidhi black outfit, paired with boots (see photograph) that the film-maker wore at the first screening of her debut film Dhobi Ghat at the 54th BFI London Film Festival in October. Then the sangeet outfit at actor Imran Khan's wedding-- a pink lehenga with a midnight blue velvet blouse from designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee's stable — got a lot of flak from another popular blogger, pinkvilla.com. Maybe next time Rao can play safe by dressing down, or taking more pains with her make-up.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready