Shashi is coach of Indian gymnastics team
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
Chandigarh:N Shashi, gymnastics coach at Sector 7 Sports Complex, have been selected coach of the Indian aerobic gymnastic team for the 3rd Asian Aerobic Gymnastic Championship to be held at Palembang, Indonesia, from October 18 to 21. The Indian team comprises of eight girtls and eight boys. Apart from coach of the team, Shashi has been given the additional responsibility of technical official of the team.
GGD SD-32 pugilists shine
Chandigarh:GGD SD College, Sector 32, Chandigarh ruled the ring by winning five gold medals out of 11 at stake and claimed the team trophy with 32.5 points in the Panjab University Inter-College Boxing (men) Championship held at PU Gymnasium on Saturday. SD College boxers, who outpunched their rivals to claim gold medals in their respective categories, were Naveen (51 kg), Surinder (57 kg), Gaganpreet (69 kg), Rajbir Singh (91 kg) and Deepinder Singh (+91 kg). Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Sector 26, Chandigarh finished runners-up with 18.5 points. Their boxers claimed one gold and three silver medals. Subham Gulati earned gold for them by beating Ashish Singh GGD SD College, Sector 32 in the 60 kg final. DAV College, Sector 32 finished third with 11 points. They had to remain contend with a solitary gold through Subham who outpunched Sumit Hooda of SGGS College) in the 48 kg final. AS College of Khanna were fourth with a total of 9.5 points.
IGU Junior Tour golf from October 9
Chandigarh:The Chandigarh leg of Toyota Indian Golf Union (IGU) Junior Tour for selecting national champions would be held at the Chandigarh Golf Club from October 9 to 12. This year the Chandigarh Juniors event will serve as the qualifying event for Faldo Asia Finals (Nick Faldo). About 100 junior golfers will take part in the event, with two boys aged 12 to 18 competing in the 72-hole event at Chandigarh. Top two winners will participate in the Faldo Series Asia Grand Finals to be held at Mission Hills Golf Course at China in March next year. Abhijit Chadha had won the 2011 Faldo Series Asia Grand Final at the Chandigarh Golf Club. The 7-city Toyota IGU National Junior Tour tournaments are contested over four rounds of 18 holes each.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints