Shatrughan, Maneka defy Rajnath's whip, call for Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Monday backed senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha who has openly pitched for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"Yashwant Sinhaji is a senior and experienced leader. He never talks light. He speaks only after giving deep thought on an issue, I stand with him on what he has said," Sinha said.
"There is always truth in what he says I have always been by his side ideologically," Shatrughan Sinha, Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said and described Yashwant Sinha as his elder brother.
Yashwant Sinha had last week fired the first shot openly pitching for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections, saying it will benefit the party hugely.
Contending that he was reflecting the mood of the country and BJP workers, he had advised JD(U), which has reservations on Modi because of the 2002 Gujarat riots, not to target the chief minister but take a decision after careful consideration.
The actor-turned BJP leader justified saints and priests choosing Prime Ministerial candidate.
"Sadhus, sants, maulvi and maulana have always been speaking on issues gripping the nation. We hear of fatwa issued regularly... they are also citizens of the country and have every right to decide a PM candidate," Shatrughan Sinha said.
Shatrughan Sinha, who had also opposed second term for Nitin Gadkari as BJP president along with Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani, said he spoke the truth and never crossed the party lakshman rekha.
Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, MP Maneka Gandhi today said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen. She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry