Shatrughan, Maneka defy Rajnath's whip, call for Modi as PM
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Modi in TN, Jaya first time targets BJP
- Election Live: Vajpayee weekest PM, tweets Sanjay Jha; Congress insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws, says Modi
Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Monday backed senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha who has openly pitched for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
"Yashwant Sinhaji is a senior and experienced leader. He never talks light. He speaks only after giving deep thought on an issue, I stand with him on what he has said," Sinha said.
"There is always truth in what he says I have always been by his side ideologically," Shatrughan Sinha, Lok Sabha member from Patna Saheb, said and described Yashwant Sinha as his elder brother.
Yashwant Sinha had last week fired the first shot openly pitching for declaring Narendra Modi as BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections, saying it will benefit the party hugely.
Contending that he was reflecting the mood of the country and BJP workers, he had advised JD(U), which has reservations on Modi because of the 2002 Gujarat riots, not to target the chief minister but take a decision after careful consideration.
The actor-turned BJP leader justified saints and priests choosing Prime Ministerial candidate.
"Sadhus, sants, maulvi and maulana have always been speaking on issues gripping the nation. We hear of fatwa issued regularly... they are also citizens of the country and have every right to decide a PM candidate," Shatrughan Sinha said.
Shatrughan Sinha, who had also opposed second term for Nitin Gadkari as BJP president along with Yashwant Sinha and Ram Jethmalani, said he spoke the truth and never crossed the party lakshman rekha.
Modi among 5 to 6 BJP candidates who can make good PM: Maneka
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is among five to six BJP top leaders who can make a good Prime Minister, MP Maneka Gandhi today said.
"I will support the party in all its decisions (on the selection of its prime ministerial candidate)," the animal rights activist told newsmen. She was here in connection with a programme on cow protection.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit