Shatrughan Sinha celebrated his 68th birthday with friends and family
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The irrepressible Shatrughan Sinha turned 68 on December 9 with a birthday bash organized at their home by his ever-efficient wife. While sons Luv and Kush were around on their father's special day, daughter Sonakshi was limping all over Mumbai with a sprained foot promoting her new film 'R...Rajkumar'.
For the very carefully-organized party in the evening, the guest list included all of the actor's old colleagues and friends like Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra, Shabana Azmi, Hema Malini and Rekha.
"I don't believe in celebrating my birthday or in having a party. But my wife wanted it. And I'd be stupid to contradict her wishes. But she's not invited any of my girlfriends. That means I am booked for her during this lifetime. But no guarantees for what I might do in my next life," quipped Shatruji.
The Sinhas' home bore a festive look on Monday. As news of the BJP's victory in the elections poured in Shatruji was busy on the phone with his party's high command.
"The election results are like a special birthday gift for me. I am happy about the way things have turned out at the polls this time. Also my daughter's film (R...Rajkumar) is doing well? Otherwise what is so special about a birthday at this age? It's an occasion to share your happiness with loved ones," said the beaming birthday boy who has just returned from the US after addressing the United Nations.
"This was the third time I was addressing the UN. I was invited last year as well. But I couldn't go because of health issues. It feels good when you are asked to represent your country at prestigious international events," says Shatruji.
Birthday wishes? "I want those close to me to be healthy and happy. And I want the nation to be rescued from the clutches of corruption. Those are my birthday wishes."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express