Shatrughan Sinha, Jaya Prada, Lalu Prasad, Amar Singh team up for Bhojpuri film
- Third phase of LS polls ends: High turnout in 91 seats; Chandigarh tops with 74 per cent
- BJP sacks Jaswant Singh's son Manvendra; Ansari not to contest against Modi
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- First time, Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, calls her change ânakliâ
- Mulayam questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
Actor-turned-politicians Shatrughan Sinha and Jaya Prada have teamed up with the maverick RJD president Lalu Prasad for a Bhojpuri film. Besides the three, Bhojpuri film star Manoj Tiwari would be seen in action in the movie produced by actress-MP Jaya Prada.
Fallen Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh has also played a role.
"The film is a Bhojpuri remake of Telgu movie 'Matudevo' and 70 per cent of the shooting of the film is completed," Tiwari said.
He said the film is expected to hit the screen in May this year.
When asked, Sinha said he agreed to play a role in the movie as a gesture of friendship to Bollywood colleague Jaya Prada. He is playing the role of an orphan house owner.
Tiwari said music in the film has been composed by Bappi Lahri.
Though he has been championing the cause of poor and deprived in politics, Lalu would play role of an industrialist in the movie.
Prasad has already acted in a Hindi movie 'Padam Shri Lalu Prasad Yadav' starring Sunil Shetty.
Tiwari said its not a masala movie but a serious film with a powerful message about what happens to a family whose head is a liquor addict. Jaya Prada has acted as wife of Tiwari, who essays the role of her drunkard husband.