Shatrughan to host Bhojpuri 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha is all set to give popularity challenge to Amitabh Bachchan by hosting 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' in Bhojpuri.
Siddarth Basu, the maker of Kaun Banega Crorepati, the programme that revolutionized Indian television as well as Amitabh Bachchan's sagging career, has succeded in roping in Sinha for the Bhojpuri version of the show.
Sinha popularly known as "Bihari Babu" would step into Amitabh's shoes as the Bhojpuri host for the show, which would be telecast on Mahua Channel.
Shooting is expected to start from May next and the programme would run for over a year.
Sinha, BJP MP from Patna Saheb, was not available for comments but sources close to him said he agreed to do the show to promote and project Bhojpuri language spoken by a large number of people in Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Outside India, Bhojpuri is spoken in Guyana, Suriname, Fiji, Trinidad and Tobago and Mauritius.