Shatrughan to host Bhojpuri 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Gurdaspur terror attack ends, all three terrorists killed
- Former president Abdul Kalam passes away following sudden illness
- Will not strike first, but will give a befitting reply: Rajnath Singh
- LG Najeeb Jung clears Swati Maliwal's appointment as DCW chief
- Gurdaspur attack aftermath: BCCI says no cricket ties with Pakistan as of now
Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha is all set to give popularity challenge to Amitabh Bachchan by hosting 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' in Bhojpuri.
Siddarth Basu, the maker of Kaun Banega Crorepati, the programme that revolutionized Indian television as well as Amitabh Bachchan's sagging career, has succeded in roping in Sinha for the Bhojpuri version of the show.
Sinha popularly known as "Bihari Babu" would step into Amitabh's shoes as the Bhojpuri host for the show, which would be telecast on Mahua Channel.
Shooting is expected to start from May next and the programme would run for over a year.
Sinha, BJP MP from Patna Saheb, was not available for comments but sources close to him said he agreed to do the show to promote and project Bhojpuri language spoken by a large number of people in Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Outside India, Bhojpuri is spoken in Guyana, Suriname, Fiji, Trinidad and Tobago and Mauritius.