Shatrughan to host Bhojpuri 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha is all set to give popularity challenge to Amitabh Bachchan by hosting 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' in Bhojpuri.
Siddarth Basu, the maker of Kaun Banega Crorepati, the programme that revolutionized Indian television as well as Amitabh Bachchan's sagging career, has succeded in roping in Sinha for the Bhojpuri version of the show.
Sinha popularly known as "Bihari Babu" would step into Amitabh's shoes as the Bhojpuri host for the show, which would be telecast on Mahua Channel.
Shooting is expected to start from May next and the programme would run for over a year.
Sinha, BJP MP from Patna Saheb, was not available for comments but sources close to him said he agreed to do the show to promote and project Bhojpuri language spoken by a large number of people in Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar