Shatrughan to host Bhojpuri 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'
- Gujarat CM: Nitin Patel's name to be announced at 4 pm, has PM backing
- Lockheed Martin will shift fighter aircraft's production line to India, but with a condition
- I had not gone to Pakistan to have lunch: Rajnath Singh in Rajya Sabha
- GST Bill to be introduced in Lok Sabha on August 8 for ratification
- BJP looks for new CM for Gujarat, Patels flex muscles
Bollywood actor Shatrughan Sinha is all set to give popularity challenge to Amitabh Bachchan by hosting 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' in Bhojpuri.
Siddarth Basu, the maker of Kaun Banega Crorepati, the programme that revolutionized Indian television as well as Amitabh Bachchan's sagging career, has succeded in roping in Sinha for the Bhojpuri version of the show.
Sinha popularly known as "Bihari Babu" would step into Amitabh's shoes as the Bhojpuri host for the show, which would be telecast on Mahua Channel.
Shooting is expected to start from May next and the programme would run for over a year.
Sinha, BJP MP from Patna Saheb, was not available for comments but sources close to him said he agreed to do the show to promote and project Bhojpuri language spoken by a large number of people in Bihar and Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Institutionalisation of GST regime has more than a touch of romance
- SC’s Arunachal judgement could give leeway to unprincipled politicians
- Odds are so much in Hillary's favour that Trump might eventually withdraw from race
- HC verdict turned principle of parliamentary democracy on its head in Delhi
- Clerics above law
- Rio Olympics: Yet again, India has managed to look disheveled