She went to Israel to have child in a ‘peaceful’ environment, recalls a shaken Chabad House
- Malaysian airlines might have disintegrated mid-air
- Out of the 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by Modi: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
The poster next to her picture on the wall reads "Everyone will do one good deed for Mira, her husband and their three children, to help each other and be kind and happy".
Pointing to the room in a corner on the second floor of the Chabad house where the Scrafs stayed, Chaya said: "It was hard for me to sleep yesterday... My husband and I slept in the same room as they did." The room is bare but for a bed, a wooden cupboard and a full-length mirror.
Rimon said he feels for the children. "The children were always a great presence in the house. Yousef is a very intelligent boy. Although four, he behaves like a young Rabbi participating in one activity everyday. I don't know how the children will deal with their mother's death. We have lost a piece of an ornament. She was the nucleus of the house. Words fall short. This is a great loss."