Sheena Monnin ‘shocked’ at order to pay Donald Trump’s organization $5m
- BJP's election manifesto is for, by and of Narendra Modi
- Odisha: BJP gains on Modi name, Naveen may slip in his toughest fight
- First phase of Lok Sabha elections: High turnout in two N-E states
- Will ârevise and updateâ Indiaâs n-doctrine, says BJP manifesto
- Tonight in Delhi, an evening of style and class with Pietersen
Ex-Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin was flabbergasted when she was ordered to pay billionaire Donald Trump's company 5 million dollars for accusing the Miss Universe Organization of fixing the Miss USA 2012 pageant.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the 27-year-old American beauty queen said she was shocked that the judgement was ruled against her and that the most logical course of action is to fight the ruling.
Monnin posted her initial response to the ruling on her official Facebook support page on Thursday, the New York Daily News reported.
She wrote that she had no idea of the clause in the Miss USA contract which says that the Miss Universe Organization, Donald Trump, and others have the legal right to choose the top five and the winner when she stated her opinion that the Miss USA pageant was rigged.
The executive vice president of the Trump Organization said that the 66-year-old business magnate and other officials have never influenced pageant results, calling the clause allowing such behaviour "protection for the organization and its owners."
- 4-yr-old sexually assaulted by school bus attendant
- 65 lakh voters register in Pune district
- Candidates declare assets, Ayali has property worth Rs 16.86 cr
- Chaos at DC office as heavyweights file papers
- Culex vishnui mosquito is now breeding in city, finds PGI survey
- Over 6 lakh registered voters in city