Sheena Monnin ‘shocked’ at order to pay Donald Trump’s organization $5m
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
Ex-Miss Pennsylvania Sheena Monnin was flabbergasted when she was ordered to pay billionaire Donald Trump's company 5 million dollars for accusing the Miss Universe Organization of fixing the Miss USA 2012 pageant.
According to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, the 27-year-old American beauty queen said she was shocked that the judgement was ruled against her and that the most logical course of action is to fight the ruling.
Monnin posted her initial response to the ruling on her official Facebook support page on Thursday, the New York Daily News reported.
She wrote that she had no idea of the clause in the Miss USA contract which says that the Miss Universe Organization, Donald Trump, and others have the legal right to choose the top five and the winner when she stated her opinion that the Miss USA pageant was rigged.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food