Shehla Masood murder: CBI may question senior BJP MLA
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
They said Parvez had raised the issue of larger conspiracy in the murder of the RTI activist which had made it necessary to examine all the actors of the case who are suspected to
have dealings with her.
In its charge sheet filed in May last year, CBI has booked Parvez, Farooqui, Ali, Ifran and Tabish under sections 302 (murder), 120B (criminal conspiracy), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of IPC and sections 25, 27 of the Arms Act. The agency had described the motive of RTI activist's murder as jealousy of Parvez with Shehla because of her relationship with the MLA which prompted her to plot her murder.
CBI had alleged that Parvez hired contract killers using Shaqib's contacts who eliminated Shehla. The agency also produced a diary written by Parvez in which she had given some details indicating her knowledge about the killing.