Sheila Gujral no more
- HC rejects Dayanidhi Maran's bail plea, asks him to surrender in three days
- Parliament logjam: No end in sight as govt, opposition stick to stand
- Can't keep a watch on people who want to see porn in privacy: Govt tells SC
- 6.2-magnitude quake hits northern Afghanistan
- AAP MLA Alka Lamba booked for trespassing, damaging property
Sheila Gujral, wife of former Prime Minister I K Gujral, passed away on Monday after a brief illness, her family said.
Sheila (87) was a known writer and social worker who has to her credit books in Punjabi, Hindi and English.
Educated in Lahore, Sheila did her Master's degree in Economics and a diploma in journalism.
She was also a recipient of many prestigious national and international awards, notable among them being the 'Life Time Achievement Award' from the International Poets Academy and the Golden Poet Award.
She is survived by her husband and two sons, including Naresh Gujral, who is a Rajya Sabha MP.