Sheila Gujral no more
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Sheila Gujral, wife of former Prime Minister I K Gujral, passed away on Monday after a brief illness, her family said.
Sheila (87) was a known writer and social worker who has to her credit books in Punjabi, Hindi and English.
Educated in Lahore, Sheila did her Master's degree in Economics and a diploma in journalism.
She was also a recipient of many prestigious national and international awards, notable among them being the 'Life Time Achievement Award' from the International Poets Academy and the Golden Poet Award.
She is survived by her husband and two sons, including Naresh Gujral, who is a Rajya Sabha MP.