Sheila Gujral no more
- No resignations, BJP prepares for stormy Monsoon session
- IPL GC meet: Thakur-Shirke want CSK, RR scrapped; Shukla-Shastri say no
- Arvind Kejriwal to PM: Devote time to Delhi Police or hand over its charge
- Two killed in landslide on Mumbai-Pune Expressway, traffic comes to halt
- IIT Delhi's decision to invite Ramdev raises eyebrows
Sheila Gujral, wife of former Prime Minister I K Gujral, passed away on Monday after a brief illness, her family said.
Sheila (87) was a known writer and social worker who has to her credit books in Punjabi, Hindi and English.
Educated in Lahore, Sheila did her Master's degree in Economics and a diploma in journalism.
She was also a recipient of many prestigious national and international awards, notable among them being the 'Life Time Achievement Award' from the International Poets Academy and the Golden Poet Award.
She is survived by her husband and two sons, including Naresh Gujral, who is a Rajya Sabha MP.