Sheila Gujral no more
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
Sheila Gujral, wife of former Prime Minister I K Gujral, passed away on Monday after a brief illness, her family said.
Sheila (87) was a known writer and social worker who has to her credit books in Punjabi, Hindi and English.
Educated in Lahore, Sheila did her Master's degree in Economics and a diploma in journalism.
She was also a recipient of many prestigious national and international awards, notable among them being the 'Life Time Achievement Award' from the International Poets Academy and the Golden Poet Award.
She is survived by her husband and two sons, including Naresh Gujral, who is a Rajya Sabha MP.