Sheila undergoes angioplasty, docs say recovery very smooth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Dr Ashok Seth, chairperson of Cardiac Services at the hospital and Dikshit's physician, said she was brought to the hospital, following some complaint of breathlessness.
"There had been some complains of breathlessness so we did a routine cardiac examination. The CT scan showed some blockage, so we decided to go for an angiogram test to see the precise blood flow within the artery. This confirmed a 90 per cent blockage in her right coronary artery," Dr Seth said.
Around 8 am on Tuesday, an angioplasty procedure was performed to mechanically open the blocked portion and a single stent was placed surgically.
Dr Seth said Dikshit's recovery was fine and, by Tuesday evening, she was comfortable enough to watch television in her hospital room.
"She was kept in the critical care unit for a couple of hours post-surgery, but was shifted to a regular room later. Her recovery has been very smooth and by tomorrow we expect her to resume work from hospital," Dr Seth said.
Dikshit is expected to be discharged within the next couple of days. In 2006, Dr Seth had performed a double stent angioplasty procedure on Dikshit, when two blockages were found in different arteries.
This recent blockage, according to Dr Seth, was in a different artery.
Dikshit also underwent an open heart surgery in 2001, when blockage was detected for the first time.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style