Shekhar Gupta answers India's queries on impact of Assembly election results 2013
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nilekani, Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Shekhar: This election should make us citizens very proud. Totally peaceful and very high turnout and total destruction of the nonsensical NOTA concept. Decisive verdict our democracy is healthy and robust.
Shekhar: Narendra Modi needs to reflect why his appeal failed in Chhatisgarh and was not fully decisive in Delhi.
#AskShekhar sir, is aap going to have impact on indian rural places?— abhijeet kumar (@itheabhijeet) December 8, 2013
Shekhar: Early days for AAP but it will make an impact on national political discourse and hit both Cong and BJP.
#AskShekhar Are we going to see more Priyanka in national stage n less Rahul?— Gundya (@gundya_limaye) December 8, 2013
Shekhar: Difficult to say. The more important question is, are we at least going to see, hear more of Rahul. Until now he only parachutes here and there and disappears.
Shekhar: Modi a factor but not as powerful as BJP thought. It failed to override local factors in delhi and chhattisgarh.
#askShekhar Would today's results give the central government 'lame duck' status? Should it refrain from taking major decisions now?— Sagar Tanksali (@tsagar) December 8, 2013